BEILLEN BATTERIES MAY CAUSES PROBLEMS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BEILLEN BATTERIES MAY CAUSES PROBLEMS

Post by Sam on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:11 pm

We have recently found that the Beillen batteries may cause a problem during demos or live transmission.  If you suddenly see that the unit is powering off for no reason or that there is full signal strength and the bandwidth is almost zero, then these are reflective of poor battery performance.  It has occurred on several occasions that the WMT units (Expert and LTE++) are powering down or not performing.  This is because the modems that we utilize in our units are very robust and for that reason they require a more power in certain cases, than the battery is able to deliver.  The ideal goal is for us to be using 8 to 9 AMP batteries, however, the Beillen is only rated at around 6 AMPS.  This means that when the battery gets weak or as it gets older it is not able to deliver a constant voltage for this reason the unit may shut down or the modems may stop firing, although there is enough bandwidth.  Using new batteries does not seem to help the situation.  It is imperative that if this situation occurs that you stop the demo and replace the battery, although there is no guarantee that this will help.  We are working on getting new batteries for all the demo units so that this issue is rectified.  If at a customer site and they have a brand name battery (v-mount) then you should request that you use their battery so they can see how the unit functions with the customer battery, unless of course their battery is not in the 8 to 9 AMP range.  I will send a follow up and further instructions on this matter.

Sam
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BEILLEN BATTERIES MAY CAUSES PROBLEMS

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:36 pm

Thank you sir. I faced this type of Beillen batteries issue in one or two client side when I was giving demo in the field. Then I re-booted the Tx to solve this issue.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top